Blogging is the discussion of any type of information which is published on the World Wide Web. Information is discussed in chronological order through making posts on the blog site with the most recent post appearing first. A blog is usually created by a single author but it can be updated or maintained by multiple authors depending on the type of information that is being discussed.
There are so many topics or niche that a blogger can write about. He can start a blog about his personal experiences, a particular interesting person, celebrity or character, about exciting events, sports, hobbies or activities, about impressive items like clothes, accessories, electronic gadgets, home appliances and so many more. The easiest topics are usually the ones that appeal to the blogger more such as his interests, his own hobbies, his life experiences or the daily accounts of anything that happens around him. The topics you can choose for your own blog are endless and the possibilities to improve your blog site are infinite; this is basically some of the reasons why so many people create their own blogs.
Blogs or blogging have evolved from just providing useful or updated information about any specific subject to a site where bloggers or site owners can make money. Monetization of blogs is possible through so many new publishing techniques that have been developed to make blogs more interactive and more user-friendly.
5. Using Web Publishing Tools
If monetization is your goal in creating a blog, you need help from various web publishing tools. With these tools, you can make attractive websites or blogsites combined with relevant content. The result is a blog with impressive content and an appealing design; with web publishing tools a blogger may also add videos, graphics and sounds to make the blog site more interesting.
4. What Are The Most Popular Tools To Use?
There are so many types of web publishing tools that bloggers may use; here are three of the most common:
- NetObjects Fusion – this is a very popular web publishing tool that will help blog owners and website owners to visually map the structure of his website. This tool makes updating links and making changes to the overall structure of your blog without the need to use HTML or codes. Initially, NetObjects Fusion was created to target people with a background in print design, journalism and authoring. But updated versions have made people who are new to blogging to use the software with easy to use “edit and write” tools.
- Macromedia Dreamweaver – is a web publishing tool and an HTML editor that is widely used around the world. It is very easy to use with its drag and drop capabilities making it one of the most preferred tools by website and blog owners. The latest Dreamweaver 9 Web Publishing Application can support XML services and can integrate with tools like Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks and Microsoft Office applications.
- FrontPage From Microsoft – this is the best rated web publishing tools in the market and this is because of the intuitive user interface that may look similar to some of the Microsoft Office products. FrontPage is perfect for new designers since it has a very easy interface but professional web developers and published may also benefit to many of its advanced features. FrontPage’s well loved features are the possibility of inserting user-defined codes, included themes for your website or blog site, navigation bars, titles and so much more. FrontPage 2003 has XML capabilities that will help your site interact with other websites.
3. Monetizing Your Blog Using Amazon.Com
Using website publishing tools and applications could create the shell for your blog or website but what about the content? Remember that you want to monetize your blog site so the best way to actually make money online is to sell products or services. And when it comes to selling products the most popular online “department store” is Amazon.com.
Amazon has its own Amazon Associates Program that will allow you to advertise products from the site as well as use the popular Amazon logo, tool bar, widgets, product links, banners and other advertising tools to develop your blog site.
By using Amazon to monetize your blog, you benefit from Amazon’s extensive online e-commerce experience. It’s very easy and above all it’s free. You don’t even need to be a web master or a computer whiz to set up Amazon tools on your site; all you need is to sign up and download the application. Your blog will be ready to use in just a matter of minutes. Here are some of the other benefits of the Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Guaranteed More Site Traffic – your blog will instantly increase traffic and possibly increase in revenue when you use Amazon to monetize your blog site. Aside from the trusted Amazon brand, it’s a guarantee that products are of high quality and are highly rated by users through reviews and product ratings. You can easily increase site traffic when you sell trusted and highly rated products that consumers are always looking forward to.
- Reader Loyalty – as you create your blog around your Amazon products you will notice a significant increase in blog followers and visitors. You have significantly made a mark in your followers that they may have felt a connection to your site. Site content also plays a great role in attracting more visitors and followers; and partnered with Amazon products you can create a blog that will appeal to your readers more.
- Social Network Sharing – when you use Amazon tools to perk up your site, you will also be able to use links to update your Facebook or Twitter page. Your company or business social network site will link to the Amazon product page that you are selling to help customers that have found their way to your blog site through Facebook or Twitter. Needless to say that social networking makes a huge impact on any business by increasing site visibility and popularity online.
- Product Enhancement Features – your blog site will become user friendly with several product enhancement features that only Amazon can provide. From consumer reviews, product ratings, product features, image enhancements to text enhancement features your visitors will find your site easier to navigate and more consumer-friendly as well.
- Mini Applications – jazz up your blog site with Amazon widgets to help you sell your products like pancakes. You may use Deals Widgets that inform your visitors of the hottest deals and discounts on Amazon, Carousel Widgets to move from one product to another, to show Amazon Goldbox deals or to move from one product category to another.
- Your Opinion Matters – even when you try your best in creating a site for your readers, with Amazon your recommendations also matter. As the site owner, you can make expert recommendations through My Favorites in the Amazon widget selection. Your readers and followers like your blog because they see you opinion matters.
- The aStore Set Up – with this tool, you can create your own online store in minutes without even a background in software programming. The aStore set up will guide bloggers in creating a URL that you will be able to embed in your blog. Fantastic features from Amazon will help keep your visitors engaged by displaying products from a single, multiple categories or from the one’s that you recommend. This will also be able to customize your own site’s look making it more professional and sophisticated according to what your readers want.
- Amazon Shopping Cart – you will never be able to sell products unless you have a professional online shopping cart. Your visitors will be able to choose products and pay for them at Amazon.com.
2. Monetizing Your Blog Using Adsense
- AdSense allows site or blog owners choose the ad that will match their specific niche. For example, you are currently updating a blog all about asthma; you can advertise AdSense ads that targets asthma sufferers with e books about the illness, natural techniques or cures for asthma and so many more. Your followers and visitors will certainly appreciate how your site caters to their specific needs.
- AdSense will provide unlimited earning potential since Google pays you even when your visitor just clicks on the ad! You will even get more when the customer chooses to buy. There is a large possibility that this will happen since you have picked products that appeal to your target market. Your visitors can’t help clicking on the AdSense ad on your site because you have considered the relevance of the product to your customers.
- AdSense offers a unique way to earn and probably the best thing about it is that it is free. You don’t need to pay maintenance fees unlike other affiliate program sites. Your site will look like a professional site with ads that target your customer’s particular needs.
- As you monetize your blog site with AdSense you will surely have to track your earnings. AdSense offers success tracking through online reports. You can view your stats online making this venture one of the most reliable way to improve your revenue online.
- AdSense targets your followers and customers more efficiently compared to any ad network. This means better customer experience with the ideal online products specifically made for your followers. AdSense does this through contextual targeting or displaying ads that are relevant to the content of your site. It can also smartly check the ideal ads depending on demographics, vertical demographics or URL. And finally, advertisers can place ads that will depend on the user’s interest and the history of the user’s interaction with the advertiser.
- You will stay protected from Google editors when you have AdSense ads on your site. Since AdSense is a Google product, you will never have to worry about violating any Google quality rating guidelines. Also, AdSense ads will never be viewed as a spam or a redirect.
- Adding AdSense is very easy, all you need is to sign up to AdSense by creating a Google account. You don’t need to buy links at all; you can monetize your blog site through AdSense since you are provided with inbound links to money making sites directly.
1. Getting Started With Your Blog
Before you start thinking about monetizing your blog or personal site, you need to set up your blog first. Setting up your blog may just take you a few minutes when you use different easy to use platforms like Blogger or Blog.com but it’s actually the content of the blog that matters to your readers, the design and the format follows next.
- Decide what you want to write about. This is perhaps the trickiest part of starting a blog. If your goal is to monetize your site, you need to come up with a topic that readers will find exciting and entertaining. The topic must also be interesting to you so you can write about it as comfortably as you can. Your niche must also be one of a kind even when you have several other sites that are similar to yours; the key is to be different and to offer something different that other sites has never thought of. A web host will prepare your site for you through the use of Blogging software. This will help novice bloggers or people who have no experience in blogging to start developing their own site right away. Here are some of the most recommended web hosts online:
- BlueHost Hosting Services – this is a one-click WordPress installation that offers different hosting packages through different hosting plans. The most economical plan starts at $5.00 per month and offers unlimited features for new bloggers.
- GoDaddy Blog Hosting Service – another one-click install WordPress hosting site that offers different hosting packages. GoDaddy has plans for as low as $3.00 a month with features that will help you monetize your site more.
- Standard Hosting Sites – these sites are less expensive but may take more than a click to install. One of the most popular is 1and1 Hosting which is a budget hosting site that offers user-friendly control panels and a strong and dependable server. You can check out their different packages and plans that start for as low as $4.99 a month.
- Do you want to host your site or take blog hosting services? There are free blog hosting services provided by different blogging platforms but you don’t actually own your blog and you have no real control over the site. If you want flexibility and to offer better quality services and products to your readers and followers, you need to use blogging services and buy your own domain name.
- Use WordPress free blogging software. It is excellent free software that will help your site be more user-friendly. You can download WordPress online at http://wordpress.com/.
- Choose an interesting domain name so your customers could easily identify your blog or site over all others that have almost the same name as yours. Your domain name must contain your product or service so you could become more visible through various search engines.
- Install WordPress by checking on your system requirements. You need to have MySQL version 4.0 and PHP version 4.2 or higher to start. Follow step by step installation prompts to finish installation.
- After you are done, you may start choosing your theme from the included themes folder.
After your site is done, you may start your first post. Welcome your readers to your new blog site and tell them about your different products and services. It would also be great if your readers knew something about you so write a brief introduction about yourself. Your readers will also love to find out more about your expertise and how you can help them out; you can leave contact details or create a contacts page on your blog site. Update regularly and don’t forget to use all the tools and monetizing techniques you learned; your site will soon be the premier website for the niche or topic you choose.